Thread: WiFi loses downstream for a couple seconds every hour or so

Default WiFi loses downstream for a couple seconds every hour or so

I'll try and be as detailed as possible. So my home network consists of 1 primary DHCP router where I don't have WiFi enabled, and two routers who only serve as WiFi APs using the same SSID and security (WPA2 AES). If you Google how to put two routers on the same network, mine are set up this exact way minus that router 1 has WiFi disabled and instead there are 2 additional routers providing WiFi. (this is done because A: router 1 is located next to the electrical meter and as such not near anything and B: this makes is so that by my ISPs rules I can actually disable my router's hotspot.)

The weird thing is that my LAN internet is unaffected when this happens. This initially made me assume that routers 2 and 3 must be the culprit but that would be very coincidental. I tried a lot of things so I'm ready to believe that just might be the case after all.

Routers 2 and 3 are from two different manufacturers, one is a Sitecom and the other is a TP-link. I tried taking one offline and seeing if that helps the downstream issue, but no help. (tried it vice versa as well) When I check the log of routers 2 and 3, there is nothing of interest there, no events logged at the time of downtime.

It doesn't even correspond with a DHCP renew, and that wouldn't make sense anyway because they have been assigned static IPs.

One last thing I thought of trying is to take security off for a short time but I haven't tried this yet.

If anyone got anything to suggest trying, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuapatel View Post
    I'll try and be as detailed as possible. So my home network consists of 1 primary DHCP router where I don't have WiFi enabled, and two routers who only serve as WiFi APs using the same SSID and security (WPA2 AES). If you Google how to put two routers on the same network, mine are set up this exact way minus that router 1 has WiFi disabled and instead there are 2 additional routers providing WiFi. (this is done because A: router 1 is located next to the electrical meter and as such not near anything and B: this makes is so that by my ISPs rules I can actually disable my router's hotspot.)https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/

The weird thing is that my LAN internet is unaffected when this happens. This initially made me assume that routers 2 and 3 must be the culprit but that would be very coincidental. I tried a lot of things so I'm ready to believe that just might be the case after all.

Routers 2 and 3 are from two different manufacturers, one is a Sitecom and the other is a TP-link. I tried taking one offline and seeing if that helps the downstream issue, but no help. (tried it vice versa as well) When I check the log of routers 2 and 3, there is nothing of interest there, no events logged at the time of downtime.

It doesn't even correspond with a DHCP renew, and that wouldn't make sense anyway because they have been assigned static IPs.

One last thing I thought of trying is to take security off for a short time but I haven't tried this yet.

If anyone got anything to suggest trying, please let me know!

my issue has been solved!!